DEARBORN, Michigan – The City of Dearborn’s annual Tree-Lighting Ceremony and Christmas Carol Sing-Along will be held at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center is 6-9 p.m. on Tuesday, November 22.
As an added attraction, the festivities are being held in conjunction with the Festival of Trees, which is a fundraiser for the Children’s Hospital of Michigan Foundation. There is no admission to this holiday fundraiser for those attending the tree-lighting on Nov. 22.
The schedule of events on Nov. 22 is as follows:
- 6:00 p.m. Dearborn Community Bell Choir (Michael A. Guido Theater Lobby)
- 6:30 p.m. Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony with Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. (outside, in the Theater Circular Drive)
- 6:45 p.m. Everyone enters the Michael A. Guido Theater
- 7:00 p.m. Holiday-Themed Performance featuring the Dearborn Youth Symphony Flute Choir and the Dearborn Public School’s Honors Choir
- 7:30 p.m. Christmas Sing-Along with Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr.
- 7:50 p.m. Refreshments in the Main Lobby and a visit with Santa Claus in Studio A
- 7:50 p.m. Festival of the Trees Holiday Season Exhibit inside the Hubbard Ballroom (Free Admission)
All are welcome. For more information, call 943-2354. The Festival of Trees runs Nov. 21-Nov. 28. There is a small admission charge during all times except following the tree-lighting on Nov. 22.
Photo courtesy of the City of Dearborn
- 2011 Festival of Trees Returns to the Center in Dearborn - Dearborn Press and Guide
- 2010 Festival of Trees, Tree Lighting Ceremony, and Sing-A-Long - Dearborn Free Press