DEARBORN, Mich. – The Dearborn Historical Museum will be hosting “Fall Into Dearborn” on Saturday, Oct. 2, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the McFadden-Ross House, 915 Brady Street. The day-long event has activities for the entire family and includes the popular Antiques Appraisal Clinic, held every year with Du Mouchelle Art Galleries.
Families attending “Fall Into Dearborn” can enjoy a Civil War Encampment; pumpkin carving (small fee); animal demonstrations with R.E.P.T.I.L.E., Inc.; music by Peter Madcat Ruth; and magic and puppets.
The Antiques Appraisal Clinic will operate on a first-come, first-served basis, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with registration ending at 3:30 p.m. Robert Du Mouchelle from Du Mouchelle Art Galleries will evaluate your antiques and collectibles. The cost for appraisal is $10 per item, with a limit of five hand-carried items per person. (Please do not bring musical instruments,furniture or weapons for appraisal.) The clinic is sponsored by the Museum Guild of Dearborn with proceeds to be used for Museum restoration projects.
Schedule of other activities:
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Civil War Encampment with the Sons of Union Veterans
- 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Pumpkin carving (small fee)
- 10:30 – 11:30 a.m. R.E.P.T.I.L.E., Inc., an entertaining and educational presentation on reptiles.
- 11:30 – 12:30 p.m. Music with Peter Madcat Ruth
- 12:30 – 1:30 Magic and Puppets with Amazing Clark
- 2 – 3 p.m. Music with Peter Madcat Ruth
- 3 – 4 p.m. R.E.P.T.I.L.E. Inc.
- 4 – 5 p.m. Magic and Puppets with Amazing Clark
For information about “Fall Into Dearborn” or the antiques appraisal clinic, call 313.565.3000