The YWCA Western Wayne County will honor local women who have achieved excellence in their field at the annual Woman of Achievement Awards Luncheon, Friday, December 3 (12:00 noon) at The Dearborn Inn.
This year Rhonda Walker, from Channel 4, WDIV, will be honored as the Woman of the Year for her work to improve the lives of young women through the Rhonda Walker Foundation.
The YWCA is the oldest and largest multicultural women’s organization in the world. Across the globe, there are more than 25 million members in 106 countries, including 2.6 million members and participants in 300 local associations in the United States.
The YWCA Women of Achievement event magnifies the mission of the YWCA by empowering women and eliminating racism through the rich history of many outstanding women who have been recognized and honored by the community for their contributions. The YWCA of Western Wayne County is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
The following local women will also be honored.
- Communications/The Arts – Sandy Butler, President, Dearborn Symphony Orchestra
- Business Leadership/Entrepreneur- Donna Inch, CEO, Ford Land
- Government/Law – Najah Bazzy, Founding Chair & President, Zaman International
- Dedicated Volunteer –Linda Freitag, Chair, Hopes & Dreams benefiting Child’s Hope
- Leadership – Patricia Mooradian, President, The Henry Ford
- Young Woman/Professional – Raquel Silva
- Senior Woman – Mary Greenwood, Community Activist
Also, new this year, is an online auction at www.biddingforgood.com/woal. Tickets and sponsorship information is available online at www.ywca-wwc.org. Additional information is available by contacting the YWCA Women of Achievement Department at (313) 561- 4110 x45.