DEARBORN, MI — Residents, businesses and visitors to Dearborn are encouraged to reserve Friday evenings to attend a free outdoor mini-concert series sponsored by the West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (WDDDA).
All concerts take place in the Muirhead Plaza, adjacent to the Bryant Library on Michigan Avenue. All are 6:30 to 9 p.m. unless otherwise noted.
- June 17: The first concert features the Big Band Sound of Al Tedrick – Combo Featuring Bill Heart.
- July 1: Concert goers will be entertained by a return performance of the Beat Club – a Beatles Tribute Band. This band looks like and sounds like the lads from Liverpool.
- July 15: Big Will and the 360 Degree Band with be entertaining. Big Will is the former lead sing of the Sun Messengers.
- July 29: Justine Blazer’s Modern Country Sound will be featured.
- August 12: Metro Jazz Voices will perform selections from all eras of the Great American Songbook. From standards like “Pennies from Heaven” and “Over the Rainbow” to modern classics like “Me and Julio, Down by the Schoolyard.” The sound is comfortable and yearning, the harmonies sweet and fascinating.
- August 26: Crush – Bringing the sounds of classic rock and more, will entertain from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
In case of rain, the concerts will be held in the Henry Ford Centennial Library auditorium.
The WDDDA recommends that concert-goers bring chairs and blankets for outdoor seating while they relax and enjoy the music.
Maps and other information are also available online on the WDDDA’s website.