DEARBORN, Michigan – Free outdoor concerts highlight the summer in Dearborn, with music playing Wednesdays and Fridays in east and west Dearborn, respectively. Bring lawn chairs or blankets and stake out a good spot for great music on a summer evening.
On Wednesdays, the East Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (EDDDA) teams up with V98.7 Smooth Jazz HD and WWJ Newsradio to present Jazz On The Ave at Dearborn City Hall Park, 13615 Michigan Avenue at Schaefer.
Sponsors for the series include Oakwood Healthcare, the Dearborn Community Fund, The Times-Herald, Press & Guide and Metro Times newspapers.
On Fridays, the West Dearborn Downtown Development Authority (WDDDA) offers free concerts at the Muirhead Plaza, adjacent to the Bryant Library, 22100 Michigan Ave.
Wednesdays, east Dearborn, 7 to 9 p.m., in City Hall Park
- July 13: Alexander Zonjic & Friends
- July 20: Universal Xpression
- July 27: Lin Rountree
- August 10: Straight Ahead
- August 17: Urban Jazz Collection
- August 24: Alexander Zonjic All Stars
In the event of rain, the concerts will be moved inside the Arab American National Museum, 13624 Michigan Ave.
For more information, visit www.eastdowntowndearborn.com.
Fridays, West Dearborn, 6:30-9 p.m. unless otherwise noted, Muirhead Plaza next to Bryant Library
- June 17: Big band sound of Al Tedrick Combo featuring Bill Heart
- July 1: Beat Club, a Beatles Tribute Band
- July 15: Big Will and the 360 Degree Band. Rock to hip-hop, jazz, Latin and classic top 40 with Big Will, former lead singer of the Sun Messengers.
- July 29: Justine Blazer, modern country sound
- August 12: Metro Jazz Voices performing selections from all eras of the Great American Songbook .
- August 26, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.: Crush, sounds of classic rock and more
In case of rain, the concerts will be held in the Henry Ford Centennial Library auditorium.
Visit www.dearbornwestonline.com for more information.