DEARBORN, Michigan – The City of Dearborn is boosting the opportunities to hear free music in outdoor settings by offering three Music Under the Starts Concerts in July and August.
Music Under the Stars is a long-standing tradition in the city, and this year concerts began on Thursday, July 21, at the Dearborn Hills Golf Course, featuring Rockestra.
On Thursday, August 11, regional favorite Sun Messengers will entertain swimmers and park-goers at Dunworth Pool at Levagood Park.
All concerts are at 7 p.m. Seats are available at Dearborn Hills, but people are also allowed to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets.
The DDDA concerts are as follows:
Wednesdays, east Dearborn, 7 to 9 p.m., in City Hall Park
- August 10: Straight Ahead
- August 17: Urban Jazz Collection
- August 24: Alexander Zonjic All Stars
In the event of rain, the concerts will be moved inside the Arab American National Museum, 13624 Michigan Ave.
For more information, visit www.eastdowntowndearborn.com.
Fridays, West Dearborn, 6-9 p.m. Muirhead Plaza next to Bryant Library
- July 29: Justine Blazer, modern country sound
- August 12: Metro Jazz Voices performing selections from all eras of the Great American Songbook
- August 26: Crush, sounds of classic rock and more
In case of rain, the concerts will be held in the Henry Ford Centennial Library auditorium.