DEARBORN, Michigan – What gets your heart racing? A high-speed drive in a Mustang GT? Bidding on a “one of one” collector’s car, a 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca? Access to an exclusive, highly restricted test track? A chat with Ford Motor CEO Alan Mulally?
Shelby Tickets include a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for one person to participate in the following activities on the Ford test track:
- Drag racing – a two-car race on a short course.
- Highway Driving Simulation – choose from a wide selection of Ford vehicles.
- Wet Pad – a helmeted ride with a professional driver on a skid pad, for a demonstration of extreme handling.
- Driving Challenge – drive a coned course to experience driving dynamics.
- Hot Laps – ride with a professional driver in a Mustang on the high-speed track. Names will be drawn to choose three guests who will ride with Formula Drift 2010 Champion Vaughn Gittin Jr.
- Over The Top – drive F-150s or Explorers on an off-road course.
Drivers must be 18 or older, with a minimum of one year driving experience to participate in track events.
Shelby Ticketholders may bring a guest for an optional track tour, and both are invited to the Winner’s Circle following the afternoon at the track, for dinner and a program with remarks by Ford Motor CEO Alan Mulally. Several million-dollar cars, including some from Ford Racing, will be on display.
Entertainment will be provided by renowned magician Bill Malone. Silent and live auctions will offer items tailored for the car racing enthusiast. Live auction items include two tickets to the 2012 American Idol finale in April, including hotel and airfare, or a Ford Championship Weekend VIP Experience in November, including three races, meeting Ford drivers and a personal garage and pit tour.
The highlight of the evening is the live auction of a “one of one” 2012 Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca, designed especially for this event.
Shelby Tickets may be purchased for $2500 at getyourheartracing.org until October 14, and four tickets are being raffled. For a chance to win a Shelby Ticket to this event, $20 raffle tickets are available by calling (734) 246-9639. Winner’s Circle tickets are $500.
Dress is casual. Those who will be on the track are required to wear jeans and athletic shoes. Personal cameras and cell phones will be checked at the door, but photos and video will be available as a remembrance of the day.
Ticket sales are limited. For more information about this event, including sponsorship opportunities, visit getyourheartracing.com or call (734) 246-9583.