DEARBORN, Michigan – An excellent way to find out which areas of the arts truly interest you or your family is to sign up for one of the family oriented Experience the Arts afternoon sessions. The Dearborn Community Arts Council is hosting these new offerings, 3 to 5 PM , on Sunday afternoons. The first session, on Sunday afternoon, October 16, will offer Hula Dancing, a fun, funky way to experience basic dance techniques.
Each session will give you or your family an opportunity to sample some aspect of the Arts you might not otherwise have the ability to come in contact with.
- October 16, 2011 – Dance the Hula with PRYSM School for the Arts
- November 13, 2011– Christmas crafts – Make that special gift – Holiday decorating
- January 8, 2012 – Pottery with Village Potters Guild Artisans
- February 12, 2012 – Photography – How to use your own camera – experienced photographers instructing
- March 11, 2012 – Brass Instruments – Motor City Brass Band concert
- April 15, 2012 – “Color Me” – experience all the Arts through color
- May 13, 2012 –“So You Think You Want to be a Writer?” workshop with Anne Gautreau
- June 10, 2012 – Plein Air Art – outdoors – Artist Society of Dearborn
The cost is $ 10 per person or $ 32 for a family of four per session. If you are interested in registering or would like additional information call 313-943-4095 or email [email protected]