DEARBORN, Michigan – The YWCA Western Wayne County will honor the following women who have achieved excellence in their field at the annual Women of Achievement Awards Luncheon Friday, December 2, Noon, at The Henry Hotel.
- Communications/The Arts – Laila AlHusinni, Journalist
- Business Leadership- Sandy Mull, Southern Wayne County Regional Chamber
- Government/Law – Susan Rowe, Wayne City Council
- Health & Wellness – Elizabeth Goch, Oakwood Health Promotions
- Leadership in Education – Karen Donald, Community Advocate
- Dedicated Volunteer –Sandy Boulton, Boulton & Associates
- Young Woman/Professional – Chrishonda Smith, Trinity Health
- Senior Woman – Maggie Allesee, Community Activist
This year, Beth Chappell, CEO of the Detroit Economic Club, will be honored as the Woman of the Year for her work to promote economic development in the region. Additionally, Barbara McQuade, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Michigan, will serve as the Keynote Speaker.
Tickets and sponsorship information is available online at www.ywca-wwc.org. Additional information is available by contacting the YWCA Women of Achievement Department at (734) 735-6436 or [email protected]
The YWCA Women of Achievement event magnifies the mission of the YWCA by empowering women and eliminating racism through the rich history of many outstanding women who have been recognized and honored by the community for their contributions. The YWCA of Western Wayne County is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.