DEARBORN, Michigan – The Dearborn Community Arts Council is pleased to announce the 24th Mayor’s Arts Awards honorees representing the 2011 calendar year. These esteemed individuals and organizations have been selected for their outstanding achievements in the Dearborn community.
Honorees for the 2011 Mayor’s Arts Awards are:
- Frank Padzieski – The Mayor’s Award (in memoriam – Frank died at 103 recently)
- Isabelle Renaud – Artist/Performer Award
- Kurt Doelle – Arts Educator Award
- Leslie Greeneisen – DCAC Bravo Award
- Cynthia Frabutt – Volunteer Award
- University of Michigan (Dearborn) – Patron Award
- Artists Society of Dearborn – Organization Award
The Awards ceremony will take place Wednesday, February 8th in the Michael Guido Theatre at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center. The ceremony will begin at 7:30 pm and is free to the public. A reception immediately following the ceremony will be in Studio A, next to the theatre and will also be open to the public.
The Mayor’s Arts Awards were created by Dearborn Community Arts Council (DCAC) and late Mayor, Michael Guido, to honor those members of our community who create, perform, educate and the support the fine and performing arts in the greater Dearborn area.
The Master of Ceremonies for this year’s prestigious event will be Dearborn’s multi-talented Brian Townsend. Among the groups slated to perform during the evening are the Prysm School of the Arts, the Dearborn High Thespians and a film montage of the DHS Film and Video program.
No reservations are required. Any inquires can be directed to the DCAC office; 313-943-3095.