DEARBORN, Michigan – State Representative George T. Darany and Wayne County Commission Chairman Gary Woronchak joined the other Dearborn authors featured in Best Dearborn Stories: Voices from Henry Ford’s Home Town, Volume II at the book signing on November 17.
The book signing was held at the Ford Community and Performing Arts Center in support of the Dearborn Historical Museum.
“This year there are more ‘famous authors,’ more pages and a lot more photos than the first volume had,” said Glenn O’Kray, vice chair of the Dearborn Historical Commission and coordinator of the publishing projects. “As good a value as we thought the first book was, with 152 stories, the new one is better — with 162 stories and 446 pages. And it’s filled with personal and archival photos that, needless to say, have never been published before. Best of all, it’s here in time for Christmas shopping.”
The Museum Guild, a nonprofit group of more than 20 clubs that support the museum, is planning a major fund drive to augment a museum membership campaign. Both books will be available online at www.thedhm.com and at the museum’s McFadden-Ross House, 915 S. Brady Streeet in Dearborn. For information call the Dearborn Historical Museum at 1-313-565-3000.
Related Stories and Links
- Famous Authors Spice Up Dearborn Historical Museum Book Signing – Dearborn Press and Guide
- Dearborn Stories Sequel Hopes to Build on Success of First Book – Dearborn Patch
- Dearborn Stories – Getting to Know Orville Hubbard– Dearborn Patch
- 100 Authors Sign Books – for Dearborn’s Best Stories – Volume I – Dearborn Free Press
- Online Ordering – Best Dearborn Stories – vol 1 and 2 – Dearborn Historical Museum