DEARBORN, Michigan – Residents interested in following the discussion on the City of Dearborn’s proposed Fiscal Year 2015 budget can review the following schedule. The schedule is subject to change, and will be updated if necessary on the City of Dearborn transparency in local government page. Important dates include the public hearing on the budget, which is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, May 20 in the City Council Chambers. The public is invited to give comments and ask questions about the proposed budget at this hearing.
The City Council is scheduled to adopt the proposed budget at a public meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Thursday, May 22 in the City Council Chambers. The Fiscal Year 2015 budget begins July 1, 2014 and ends June 30, 2015. Leading up to the budget hearing and adoption are workshops between Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. and his administration and the City Council. These meetings are open to the public. All budget workshops are at 5:30 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference Room on the second floor of the east wing of City Hall. The first workshop is Wednesday, April 2. The topics for this workshop include a retiree health care discussion, including costs, trends, and taxation; and industry trends and options.
From there, the following is a tentative schedule, subject to change by the City Council:
- Tuesday, April 8. Topics: DearbornAdministrativeCenter renovation and relocation, and Library budget review.
- Monday, April 9. Topics: Public Works, including street repair, street sweeping, leaf program, and sewer maintenance.
- Monday, April 14. Topics: Fire Department, Consolidated Dispatch, and Police Department.
- Thursday, April 17. Topics: District Court; Parking System; and Proposed Budget , including tax and water/sewer rates, outstanding debt, and an overall question-and-answer session.
- Monday, April 28. Topics: Recreation and Parks, including Theater and Ball Room enhancements, Camp Dearborn planning, and Golf Course operations.
- Wednesday, April 30. Topics: Economic and Community Development, Management Information Systems, and Finance.
- Monday, May 5. Topics: Personal Property Phase-Out status and August election, Combined Sewer Overflow update and plans.
- Thursday, May 8. Topics: Contingency Session.
Documents related to the proposed Fiscal Year 2015 budget will be posted on a continuing basis at www.cityofdearborn.org .
FREE SUBSCRIPTION: Sign up for Dearborn Free Press email news alerts and receive more news items like this delivered to your inbox. No obligation. Unsubscribe at any time.