DEARBORN, Michigan – Visual art, vocal performances and instrumental music will stir the senses on Wednesday, April 16, from 4 to 8:30 p.m., at the 2014 Youth in Arts Festival and opening of the 2014 Dearborn Public Schools City Wide Art Show.
More than 300 talented Dearborn students from kindergarten through high school (K-12) will perform, display and demonstrate their arts during exhibits and a collage concert at the event.
The public is invited to attend this free program, a cooperative project by the Dearborn Community Fund (DCF) and the Dearborn Public Schools, at the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center, 15801 Michigan Ave., in Dearborn.
4-5:30 p.m. – Visual Arts – Padzieski Gallery
- Opening Reception for Dearborn Public Schools City Wide Art Show featuring artwork from students in kindergarten through high school.
- Opening remarks in the Michael A. Guido Theater at 4:10 p.m.
- Exhibit in the Padzieski Gallery is open through May 28.
4:30-5:30 p.m. & 6:30-7:30 p.m. – Artist Demonstrations – Theater lobby
5:30 p.m. – Senior Student Artist Talks – Padzieski Gallery
- High school seniors share insights about their artwork.
6:45-7:30 p.m. – Musical Interlude – Theater Lobby
- The Dearborn Youth Symphony Flute Choir performs..
7:30-8:30 p.m. – Collage Musical Performance
- Instrumental and choral selections by students from elementary school through Henry Ford Community College, a theatrical performance from “Peter Pan” by Edsel Ford High School Students, Henry Ford Community College “Blue Fusion Vocal Jazz Ensemble,” and special guest artist graduates from Edsel Ford High School, Darrow Bernick and Linda Tolias.
The Youth in Arts Festival is a cooperative project of the Dearborn Community Fund (DCF) and the Dearborn Public Schools, with support from the Dearborn Community Arts Council, the Dearborn Public Schools Education Foundation and the Cultural Arts Division of the Dearborn Department of Recreation and Parks.
The DCF is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with the mission to support cultural and recreational programs in Dearborn.
For more information about the Youth in Arts Festival, other projects sponsored by the DCF, or how to contribute to the Fund, call 313-943-5478.
FREE SUBSCRIPTION: Sign up for Dearborn Free Press email news alerts and receive more news items like this delivered to your inbox. No obligation. Unsubscribe at any time.