DEARBORN, Michigan — An arrest warrant has been issued in the double homicide of two Family Dollar employees which occurred on Monday, July 15, 2013. The suspect, 34 year-old Lavere Bryant of Dearborn, is expected to be arraigned today at 4:00pm in Dearborn’s 19th District Court in front of Chief Judge Sam Salamey on two counts of First Degree Murder, 2 counts of Felony Murder, 1 count Unlawful Imprisonment, 1 count Armed Robbery, Felon In Possession of a Firearm and Felony Firearm.
The facts of the case will come out at the preliminary examination.
Dearborn Chief of Police Ronald Haddad stated: “The members of this department worked tirelessly and around the clock in an exemplary fashion to bring closure to this case in the finest tradition of delivering superior public service and earning the public’s trust every day in everything we do.
In addition, I would like to express my profound appreciation to our local, county, state and federal law enforcement partners who participated in the well-coordinated investigation that led to this arrest. I would also like to recognize the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office which provided technical assistance, Crime Stoppers (1-800-SPEAKUP), the many members of the community who called in with tips, and the extensive media coverage, all of which directly contributed to solving this crime.
Additional assistance was provided by Mayor John, B. O’Reilly Jr.’s office, the Dearborn Legal Department, DPW and the Office of Public Information. We continue to ask that anyone with information they believe may be relevant to this case contact us immediately.”
Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy said; “Everything about this case is extremely upsetting. This was not an easy case to put together. I commend all of the tenacity of the Dearborn Police Department and am grateful for the help from the public and media.”
Related Stories and Links
- Murder Mystery at Family Dollar Store in Dearborn – Dearborn Free Press
- Lavere Bryant Charged With Murder in Deaths of Family Dollar Clerks – Huff Po
- Suspect Arrested in Double Slaying at Family Dollar Store in Dearborn – Detroit Free Press
- Suspect Arraigned in Dearborn Family Dollar Killings – Detroit News
- Man Arraigned in Family Dollar Murders – Dearborn Press and Guide
- Suspect in Dearborn Family Dollar Killings Proclaims Innocence – Detroit News
- Former Family Dollar Store Employee Arraigned in Killings – Detroit News